As a student employee, you are allowed to work 600 hours per calendar year at a reduced contribution rate. You do not pay social security contributions or withholding tax; only a solidarity contribution of 2.71% on your gross salary. As a student employee, you are also required to file a tax return. It's important for you, as a student employee, to keep track of the number of hours you have worked. Verify this through 'Student@work'
You will receive your contract in your Adminbox. The Adminbox is a separate mailbox where you can sign the contract. First, you create a code to access your Adminbox. Then, you set up a one-time mandate. With this mandate code, you can subsequently sign your contracts in the Adminbox. Remember these two codes well! It is important that you can always present your contract at the workplace. Through the Adminbox, you have it available on your smartphone.
You will receive your pay slip in your personal mailbox through E-post, an environmentally friendly way to send pay slips. You will receive an automatic email from E-post containing your password. With this password, you can access your pay slip. This system is separate from the Adminbox.
During your employment of 600 hours as a student employee, you are eligible for the growth package.
If you work as a student for more than 600 hours per calendar year, the right to the growth package is maintained for each month in which you work less than 80 hours.
If you fall ill, immediately notify both Forum Jobs and the company where you are employed. (Immediately = at the latest half an hour before the start of the workday.) Please inform us via phone or email (not through text messages). Within 48 hours, you must submit a medical certificate to your Forum Jobs office.
In the event of any accident or near-accident, report it immediately to your direct supervisor and to Forum Jobs. Ask for the names of any potential witnesses to include in the report.
Please provide Forum Jobs with the following documents as soon as possible, so that we can file a report with the work accident insurance:
- Medical certificate (You will receive a blank copy from Forum Jobs)
- Account of the incident (You will receive this when reporting the accident)
- Doctor's notes
- Other expenses (pharmacy receipts, invoices, etc.)
The faster we receive the documents, the sooner the accident will be accepted by the insurance.
Before starting work, you will sign a workstation form. This document outlines agreements regarding your job role and the safety aspects of your workplace. Make sure you are familiar with the contents of the workstation form.
- Wear all work clothing and other personal protective equipment properly.
- Seek sufficient explanations and follow the instructions from your supervisor on the work floor.
- Report any dangerous situations or incidents to your supervisor and to your Forum Jobs office.
As a student employee, there are certain tasks you are not allowed to perform. There is a list of prohibited activities for young workers outlined in the legislation. At Forum Jobs, we strictly adhere to this list and will never assign you to any of these prohibited tasks. However, we also request your vigilance on the work floor. What are the tasks that you should never perform as a student employee?
- You are never allowed to operate a motorized vehicle, regardless of your age or experience. As a student employee, you must not operate a forklift or agricultural vehicle.
- You are not permitted to work at a height of more than 4 meters.
- You are not allowed to repair machinery defects (unless specified in your workstation document).
- You should never perform a role other than what is described in your contract or workstation document.